Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Old Man - New Technology

So, I signed up for that there Google Play Music service. For a few pennies less than ten pounds I can access virtually every record ever made, except the ones by my mate Phil Martin, the Languid Balladeer.

Anyway, I've been merrily having my free trial month and half way through, The Magnificent M, being impressed that she could listen to her old heartthrob, David Cassidy, incessantly, decided we should invest a further five pounds a month for Family Membership, which means she can use it as well.

All would have been well except, having signed up for individual membership on my French profile, I managed to sign up for family membership on my uk profile. Both use the same gmail address so it shouldn't be too hard to move the membership from one to the other. And yet it is. Talking to the Google Play help desk is proving trying as even with screenshots they aren't able to see what the problem is. Even after a week.

I have a feeling this might run for some time.But it's not all bad. I can still listen. Even if it isn't to Phil.

3 comments:

Masher said...

Mrs M signed us up for a family membership to Google Play Music, last year.
She uses it all the time, as do the kids.
I've used it twice.
I think.

Brennig said...

I'm leaning towards a music service for the family, but I can't decide whether to Google Play Music or Spotify. Because they're both pretty similar, aren't they?

Masher said...

I wouldn't know.