Thursday, October 19, 2017

WebOct 19

Where we went today

Dali Theatre-Museum. More in a minute!

The City Arms. Luncheon was taken here. Not the best place ever but better than some of the reviews state.

Ok, Back to the first link. I have to expand a bit. As the young people say on that there Facebook - O! M! G!. Now I'm no great art expert. I like what I like and I don't mind a bit of Dali. I grew up with a large print of Swans Reflecting Elephants on the lounge wall as it was my mother's favourite picture. She just thought it was very clever. It costs 14€ to go in and it is worth every cent. It also gets you in to his jewellery exhibition of pieces he made few of which will have heard of his prowess in that direction. We spent over two hours in the main museum and I need to spend a lot more time there. I enjoyed looking at all the stuff but I just had an incredible feeling of being overwhelmed that drawings and paintings he made were right in front of me.

I could wax lyrical for hours about different bits but I won't for which you will be mightily relieved I'm sure, but if you ever get the chance to visit and you have even the slightest interest in him YOU MUST GO!

1 comment:

Masher said...

I don't have any interest in him, I'm afraid.
I also can't be much bothered about art.
But similarly, I can remember - back in the seventies - having that same picture up on our living room wall.