Saturday, July 01, 2017

Closing Credits

Well, that didn't go quite to plan.

We have been exceptionally busy during June. Much busier than we should have been. The weather has been very unusual and the pools don't like it. I wasn't short of time for watching films because you can do that late at night when knackered but as for writing up reviews, well, I was just a bit short of brain power.

Had I have been on the ball then you would also have been reading about











And on a rather co-incidental but sad note comes the news of Barry Norman's death.

Credits Roll.

3 comments:

Masher said...

Incredibly co-incidental that Barry Norman shuffles off, just as we reach the end of our film review month. Maybe he was reading our reviews and just couldn't take anymore.

Like you, I struggled with this challenge - as I thought I might.

The Bone Collector was a good film, as i remember.

kennamatic said...

I am afeared you may be right regarding Mr Norman.

I am planning something for October so we are spaced nicely out for our respective challenges. I can assure you it should be easier. Assuming you can answer in depth questions on Gregorian Chant and it's place in the Revivalist Movement and their take on Sacred Music!

It was a good film but, like many book to film transfers, the characterisations are thrown as a sacrifice to star name billing. Angelina Jolie should have been tall with red hair. And I'm not sure that Lincoln Rhyme was supposed to be coloured but I do now always think of the character as portrayed by Denzil Washington. All of Jeffrey Deavers Books are good. I think I have a full set!

Masher said...

Ooh, ooh, another challenge?
I studied Gregorian Chant at Cambridge, so hopefully I'll do OK at that.

It's been years since I saw TBC, but I still shiver when I think of that poor woman tied in front of the steam vent.