Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Bang Crash Wallop.

Well, it's not been the best of days.

I was travelling into Limoux this morning when I had to pull slightly right to avoid a lorry coming the other way. Unfortunately it was at a bit where the bridge cuts in left.

There was a van/bridge interface clash.


I managed to block half the road at a 45˚ angle. So I had 15 minutes of traffic directing and then the Gendarmes turned up. They rang for a breakdown truck whilst directing the traffic. They were very efficient. Their main concern was getting the road clear. So much so that they didn't bother checking my licence, insurance, anything. Not that there would have been a problem if they had. But no doubt in the UK I would have had drink and drug tests, all my paperwork checked. One of the most interesting things was how many people stopped to ask if I needed help. Possibly 1 in every 5 vehicles coming past. Sometimes 2 or 3 cars in a row. It's one of the things I like about being here.

Anyhow, the van is now at a garage where a loss adjuster will decide if it's repairable or dead. I think it might be touch and go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems that you weren't hurt though, so that is another good thing. Stay safe!

Masher said...

A good panel beater will be able to tap that little dink out.

Glad you're OK.