Thursday, February 02, 2017

We are a Grandmother.

The Magnificent M and I worked out that since last February we have travelled back to the Homeland 9 times either together or separately. Before we moved here no-one in M's family seemed to have any plans and then the moment we relocate you can't stop them coming up with ideas to bring us back. Last March we were out for eldest daughters wedding. This January M flew back for her sister's hen night who is getting married later this month so we will be across shortly. The big event however was in November when youngest daughter presented her with the first grandchild, Poppy. So I now have a granddaughter-in-sin or, as I am in a marriage sauvage, (wild marriage as the French so eloquently call living together), I have a wild Poppy. And more importantly to me as I couldn't have kids, I have presented my mum with the nearest thing she will have to a great grand-daughter and very excited she is too. So here are a few pictures and I promise I won't flood my blog with baby pictures!



4 comments:

Masher said...

Aww, congrats to all!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

(Have you lost weight? You look somewhat lighter.)

kennamatic said...

Masher - Thanks, we are pretty chuffed.

Toffeeapple - Thanks. I lot 2 stone when we moved here but managed to put a stone back on. Light blue must be a slimming colour!

Brennig said...

Congratulations to everyone involved! I'm sure you will all fit in to your roles as grandparents/parents whether sauvage or not.