Friday, February 24, 2017

Sigh of Relief

We've been in the UK now for 8 days and we both feel it is time to go home. Too much noise, too much traffic and too much to get on with back home.

Anyway, another reason to go back is to stop eating so much here. We have indeed managed to eat all the different things we miss plus more besides. We now need to go on a diet. Before we left we were talking to a friend who ha been using a technique which she may well have got from one of the big dieting companies. The idea being that one listens for the internal sigh when you have had enough to eat. Sceptical as I was I discovered I do indeed have such a sigh. To do it properly you should only eat when you are hungry and you should stop dead when you have the sigh, even if there is a half full plate in front of you. You can always finish it if you are hungry later. She has lost about a stone since she started just after Christmas and she wasn't exactly large beforehand.

Whilst we haven't stuck to it yet, we have noticed portion sizes getting smaller, (our big mistake). Let's hope the body sizes start getting smaller in the near future!

2 comments:

Masher said...

An internal sigh?
If I have an internal sigh, then I'm afraid it is drowned out by the constant "Nom nom nom" noise when I eat chips.

Brennig said...

I have an internal sign