Wednesday, February 08, 2017

My Public Awaits.

It's two and a half years since I last performed on stage and two years for the Magnificent M. When we came out here we thought at some point we might have to join a group. And today we went and auditioned for a group doing pantomime in December. I was told in no uncertain terms by M I was not to go for a main part and really we should both be just in the chorus. I compromised, I went for anything except a main part.

Luckily they seem a friendly enough bunch and even M liked them. The audition was pretty informal but in case I get a medium part I had to do a singing audition. As a tenor, normally you are in demand, which is lucky for me. It is also very good for the ego. Even meeting those eight people have led to me being invited to join a well known local group so I will have to consider that.

I should know what part I get in a couple of weeks if I get one. I actually don't mind whether I do or if I'm just in the chorus. I'm actually just happy to know I'm going to tread the boards again.

4 comments:

Masher said...

That's excellent news, Dave.
You've missed wearing make-up and tights, I'm sure.

Will you have to do it in French, then?
I always thought that panto was a peculiarly British thing.

kennamatic said...

Masher - It is a Company of ex-pats so luckily it will be in English. Some French come to watch it I understand and they are completely lost as to what the hell is going on.

Brennig said...

Very good! The roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd... How lovely.

kennamatic said...

Brennig - And being the French it will certaily be the smell of the crowd!