Monday, February 20, 2017

It's All In The Stars

I can't remember whether I've mentioned before but I have yet another random hobby. Astrology. Specifically natal astrology and Synastry. The former being the obvious interpretation of a chart cast at birthpoint. Synastry is a sidebranch where you compare the charts of two people and see how they affect each other. You could therefore call it relationship astrology, although the two "persons" could in effect be a person and an animal, or even a building. With the latter two you are not looking at everything, nor the things you look at being interpreted in the same way.

Most people's relationship with astrology is via a newspaper, magazine or website. It is, as most people soon realise, mainly a bunch of absolute rubbish. It partly is based on predictive astrology which I don't touch as I don't have the feel for it. The stuff in papers is a little like saying my car has a wing-mirror therefore we are all driving the same car, colour, make, model, cc etc. It is an extrapolation that is so generalised it is irrelevant for nearly everyone.

I haven't really been doing much in the astrology line for some time. It is quite time consuming and another problem has been that I don't have all the books I want cos some are still in storage and I also need up to date data. So, I went up to Watkins Books who have always been my purveyor of astrological tomes. I can have things sent to France but if I'm in London it gives me a chane to browse as well as pick stuff up. I went to buy one item and came back with four, three of which were on sale.

I now have everything i need to make the chart for our Grand-daughter. The visual chart will be framed and hopefully hung on her wall, as the one I did for my niece, 24 years ago, still hangs on hers. The interpretaion is then sealed in an envelope for either the parents to read then, or to put away until their child is 21, or another age of their choosing, and then just read it out of interest. My niece would have hers if my brother hadn't managed to lose it. The reason for reading it then is not to see how accurate it was, as I say, I don't do predictive astrology, so what is it about?

It comes from the understanding at what a natal chart actually is. The snapsht of that time and day shows a map of the stars. and it exactly the same as a map of the roads. and even more relevant these days with sat-navs. If you want to get from A to B it will show the fastest route, or the shortest, or whatever you want. But once you have set that route it isn't fixed. A roadblock might make you change route, or an accident, or the need for food, or a number of things, including free will. Same with your natal chart. It explains all the routes you can take but the one that should be the road you go on can change through the actions of parents, peer group, free choice.

Of course, this is a very simplified explanation and you may decide it is all absolute hogwash.......



3 comments:

Masher said...

Sorry Dave, but I'm going to have to go with the hogwash explanation.

Frances said...

Sorry, but I have to go with hogwash too!

Brennig said...

A natal chart? I went to Natal once. The Drakensberg mountains are awesome