Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Bargain of the Century

The Magnificent M and I went to Carcassonne, La Cité this morning. Although it's our big tourist attraction and sells lots of touristy things it also has some nice "normal" shops. Including M's favourite jeweller, although luckily just dress jewellery. So with a wedding coming up and the dress bought there was a pressing need for some matching earrings, ring and necklace. Just so you know I won't be wearing any of those. Being midweek winter the car park was pretty empty so we parked, got to the shop and within a short time the relevant items were bought along with another ring for good measure. The bank card took the necessary beating of just into three figures and off we went back to the car. The whole process took less that half an hour which meant we had avoided a 1€ car park charge.

I understand that this means the whole trip was particularly good value!

3 comments:

Masher said...

A shopping trip?
For female accoutrements?
In under half an hour?

I didn't know you wrote fantasy blogs as well, Dave.

Brennig said...

Three figures? €9.99? (he asked, hopefully)

kennamatic said...

Masher - M doesn't have the shopping gene. If she has to buy a dress I have to force her to stay out there whilst I find her something. I think I may be the Gok Wan of Limoux!

Brennig - Oh, if only. (Actually at just over 25€ per item it was good value but don't tell her that!)