Monday, June 13, 2016

June Music Blogathon - Day 13

So this time I'm on the wrong list, but fear not, as well as this one that I had planned, I shall shortly also post the one that everyone else is posting today.

A Song That Fits My Personality

Well, this is a difficult category. There was a quote I saw the other day - Personality is what you are like when no-one else is looking. Maybe that is your true personality but I think I spend more time with my public persona. Those who read my blog, particularly way back, probably know more of the true me than many of my "real" friends. I know that's the same for many bloggers. There is a sense of security online that you don't have in realworld. That of course can be taken to extremes when Facebook is used to chronicle every little thing because you forget it is in the public domain. However I am getting off topic.

When things are going wrong and you are having a tough time you can't always show it. And for much of my adult life I have worked in sales and you learn, as you do with acting, and there are many parallels, that no matter what happens you switch on the smile when you start working. I have had two occasions when I have been very near to breakdown and had to reach out and ring a doorbell when you aren't sure you can do it. The song I have therefore chosen to day is from the opera I Pagliacci. He plays a man who is a clown in a show. His personal life is falling apart and he is going to pieces but there he is, with all sorts of stuff going on, but it is time to put on the make-up and smile....

The famous aria Vesti La Giubba performed by Jose Carreras

2 comments:

Masher said...

Well, you weren't like that when I met you.
Don't think I heard a word of Italian pass your lips.
Unless you count that bottle of Peroni you ordered at the bar.

Toffeeapple said...

I adore that opera.