Thursday, June 16, 2016

June Blogathon - Day 16

A Song From A Favourite Album.

I have many "favourite" albums. Handfuls. Even more than that. So what to choose?

I've dipped into my Desert Island Discs selection. I've always had an idea that should I ever be asked to take part, (cue hysterical laughter), I would want a selection of different music representing my tastes. One of the chosen artists would be Barbra Streisand. What a wonderful singer. I would have loved to see her live but the last chance I had she was charging £360 for the cheapest ticket which was a little steep for the likes of me.

I have gone for the title track off her album Superman which I spent many a happy hour playing until one day, being the lazy sod that I am, I took it off the gramaphone and left it on top of the night storage heater. By the next morning it was somewhat circular but undulatiing. It did play, but the pitch of each note was matching the undulations of the record itself, which was interesting in it's own right as to why that might be, but ultimately bloody annoying from a listening point of view.

And I know it isn't cool to fancy Barbra but my 20 year old hormones definitely perked up with that cover shot.

Streisand - Superman

2 comments:

Masher said...

OMG that hair!
Never a Streisand fan. Always found her voice a bit... Streisandy.

Brennig said...

Never got in to her as a singer, but that is by far the foxiest photograph of her!