Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Plates of Meat

When we moved to France I decided I should eat things I haven't eaten before as long as they were in the French style. That way, if I didn't like them at least I know they were cooked correctly. So far I have tackled escargots and I can report that I like them. Chewy little blighters they are but the sauce they come in is nice where we eat them. Really they are a bit too fiddly to be dealing with but heigh ho. Today though I tacled something else.

Pigs Trotters. In Breadcrumbs. Or Pied du couchon a pane as they call it here.


As you can see, they are bony blighters but the meat is very tender and has a bit of a taste of tongue. I wouldn't rush to have them again but I wouldn't avoid them if necessary.

Frog Legs and Tripe still to go.

5 comments:

Masher said...

Well, good for you! When in Rome... as they say.
Not sure I'd be so brave.
Have to say that they look 'orrible in that picture.
But at least you get frites with them.

kennamatic said...

Indeed, they aren't ever going to be the prettiest dish but they do taste better than they look.

Anonymous said...

Frogs legs are delicious!

kennamatic said...

I will definitely try them at some point.

Brennig said...

I had frogs legs but then I had corrective surgery and now I can walk properly again.