Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Blogathon Day 9 - List the Countries You Have Visited

Yet another one of the listography lists. You'll notice a distinct lack of long distance travel.


England - Yes, now when I am in England I am only visiting.
Wales - A few times from 1973 swimming tour up till about 4 years ago when my sister-in-sin left North Wales. I will be there this October though.
Scotland - Only the once. 1982. Perth for a training course.
Eire - 1994 for a weekend I won in a works sales competition.
France - Innumerable times
Belgium - from 1968 till the last time in 2010 only about 4 times.
Holland - Once in 1967 on a school trip. We visited Keukenhof, Edam, Delft and a place where the houses were on stilts.
Germany - 1968 and then a couple times in the early 1980s.
Austria - 1968 and then again in 1985.
Switzerland - 1968 and then again in 1972 on a school christian union trip. (One of the teachers who went with us has just been jailed for sexual offences against boys at our school in that period. He obviousy didn't like me despite my boyish good looks.
Italy - 1968
San Marino - 1968
Monaco - 1968
Balearic Islands - 1973 and 2005
Portugal - 1986 for my 30th Birthday.
USA - Houston in 1987 for my Dads re-marriage.

And I think that's it. If I hadn't gone to America I don't think I would have travelled more than 1000 miles from home. Still time though. Roll on retirement!

2 comments:

Masher said...

Only day 9 and we're on lists already?
OK, I'll play, but I'll be damned if I can be bothered to try and work out the dates,
England - Yep
Wales - Three times... I think
Ireland - yep, north and south many times
Scotland - felt like I was living up there at some points last year
France - many times
Spain - see France
Portugal - once
Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Canary Islands (do they count as Spanish/Portugese?)
Holland - once
Russia - once
Finland - once
Sweden - was just passing through
Belgium - took a wrong turning in France
Italy - once
Venice - Is that different from Italy?
Egypt - once
Singapore - once
Bali - once
Phuket and Malaysia - just a quick visit
Kenya - once
Morocco - once
The Gambia - once
Brazil - once
Venezuela - once
Margarita - once
Dominican Republic - once
Jamaica - once
Canada - once
USA - several times

More than I realised, actually.
Bren's not allowed to play this: he was in the RAF!

Brennig said...

Dun a lol at Masher trying to sneak in Italy and Venice. However, you're right Young M. I'm not going to play this game. Apart from Eastern Europe (the former Soviet States), I have, as the song would have it, been everywhere man.