Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Blogathon Day 10 - A Woman's Work is Never Done

The Magnificent M is in charge of all our work admin, or at least quite a bit of it. She is also in charge of cleaning the houses etc for turnarounds in the season. Apart from that she obviously needs to keep me fed and watered. But now she has a new talent. Plasterer.

As part of the remedial work we are doing at one of our houses we needed to re-plaster part of a wall. I obviously can't do it. (I refer my learned readers to the wombat analogy I gave some posts ago). Marj on the other hand had all the neccessary credentials - a partner who could tell her what she should be doing, even if his advice was crap, but more importantly, she used to ice cakes. Wedding cakes. Cakes that require a good finish to the royal icing. And this appears to a transferrable skill. She has filled the wall, including a concave curve, to perfection.

She took some persuading that she should have a go at it but my hunch was right, particularly the hunch that said she would be a damn sight better than me. And she enjoyed it. When I get back from my week in the UK I suspect our own dear house is going to plastered to within an inch of it's life.

2 comments:

Masher said...

Well, that's marvelous: you get your walls plastered and tea is still on the table when you get home from a hard day by the pools.

Women are great, aren't they?

Brennig said...

Bloody hell, that's fantastic. I just asked my OH (who bakes and ices with gay abandon) if she fancied replastering the living room ceiling and she threw something at me.