Monday, June 01, 2015

Almost there...

I posted on my other blog about all the goodbyes we have had.

Tomorrow at mid-day the lorry will be dropped off and we will load up what furniture and goods we are taking to France then one last night as UK residents. At about 6am on Wednesday we will drive off for our new life.

But today there was the one goodbye that I knew would be the hardest. After 35 years knowing her, 25 years of being together and the last ten as her main carer, I had to say goodbye to Linda. The emotional pain is indescribable but is the price I have to pay for the life I will be having. But that pain is as nothing to how she must be feeling tonight as she is suffering with nothing to look forward to.

Everyone says I did my best, that I put up with a lot and that they are amazed at my continuing support.

But tonight I just hate myself.

2 comments:

Masher said...

That really can't have been easy to do.

But this is a new chapter in your life... you've done all you can and now you have to look forward.

Bon Voyage, mate.

Anonymous said...

What Masher said. You do have to look forward, have a great time.