Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Passing the Time

I go through phases of what will entertain me during the hours that I really can't be bothered to do anything else. Once upon a time it was crosswords, and then the same sort of thing but with clues leading to numbers for the grid. IN more odern times it was Suduko, then I had a longish affair with Nonograms but for the last couple of months it has been Mathdoku, a sort of Suduko Plus.

The easy ones take a couple of minutes, the harder ones can take a number of attempts before I get them right and can fill in quarter of an hour and a lot of swearing under the breath.

It seems much too easy to sit here tapping away doing one of these than reading a book or possibly even blogging, which may explain the dearth of posts.

It'll pass soon no doubt, I'll get bored with them, and then I'll have to mpve on to something else.

Any suggestions?



4 comments:

Masher said...

Funnily enough, I thought about this just t'other day.

I used to do the newspaper crossword everyday - the easy one, not the cryptic... never been able to do the cryptic, my brain just don't work that way - and then I had a bit of an obsession with Sudoku.

Nowadays, I just don't have the time or inclination.

As for you, if you are looking for something to take their place, might I suggest a long soak in the bath? A good four or five hours can be whiled away, apparently.

Anonymous said...

Why not take up knitting or embroidery? At the end of both you have a useful object.

kennamatic said...

Masher - sometimes my five hour baths would coincide with crossword books. Steam and books really don't mix.

Toffeeapple - I used to knit when I was young. I got my mum to teach me. I fancied knitting a scarf. I discovered I was brilliant at knitting triangles. I don't think I ever managed to knit two consecutive rows with the same number of stitches.

Brennig said...

Books. Reading. I don't get puzzles.