Thursday, November 08, 2012

Christmas Booking

So, The Wonderful World of Windows is proving to be a charity as I seem to be doing a great deal of working for no financial return. This being the case, and with the impetus of The Magnificent M using "a recurring loud voice to my ear interface", I have decided to get a part time job in the run up to Christmas.

Having perused various job sites I applied to a well known book purveyor and blow me down with a flapping dust cover, they decided they wanted me.

So, come Monday I will be Bookseller To The Gentry at Kingston. Or Richmond.....Chiswick.......Twickenham........Teddington, wherever they want to send me.

It feels like I'm turning over a new leaf.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a super job to get! I should love to be surrounded by new books all the time. I hope that you enjoy it, good luck.

Masher said...

Good for you, Dave!
I bought a couple of books in Waterstones last week - their Plymouth store. They were the first books I'd bought in about two years. Coincidentally, it was about two years ago that I bought my Kindle.

kennamatic said...

Toffeeapple - That was one reason for checking whether they had christmas jobs. It sounds great to me too.

Masher - They asked me what I thought of Kindles. I said they were the Devils Work. Theye still gave me the job!