Sunday, August 26, 2012

Twiggymatic

Well, hardly the shape of Twiggy yet which is as well, although at the moment I've probably got bigger boobs than her. Anyway, I have started once again on yet another diet. Except this time I am using an internet based diet stats site My Fitness Pal plus it's android app partner.

Apart from putting in the wrong start weight as I decided there were only 12 lbs in a stone, it is rather good. I've completed a whole day without having "cheated" by not counting something. Made somewhat easier because I was at home all day we'll see how it goes when I'm out and about and also it's new and exciting and you get to use the bar scanner and allsorts. It does hold a remarkable database of food items though although some of the figures seem a bit suspect. The ones I think don't look quite right I shall check.

As always, my recommended weight is completely unachievable, even at the top end. Starting from 18 stone 3 I am hoping to lose 2 stone and get back to what I consider my cruising weight of 16:3 with a waist measurement around 34 inches. Ideally from there I take another stone off and get back to my "fighting" weight of 15:3 but I'll not sweat, probably literally, if I don't reach that. To get to the recommended BMI of 25 maximum though I need to hit 13 stone 5! I was that once during my adult life. I was 23, had a waist measurement of 24 inches and played squash 5 times a week. My knees would be hard pushed these days to stand up to playing tiddlywinks 5 times a week!

I shall bore you with the occasional update as and when. I don't see why I should be the only one to suffer!

2 comments:

Masher said...

I wish you luck.
Graham, over at Wrightweb, has been using something similar and has had some success.
Who would have thought a mobile phone could help you lose weight?

kennamatic said...

I know, it's brilliant! Just working out if I can sellotape it to my stomach, set it to vibrate, keep ringing myself and thus use it as a slendertone machine.