Monday, April 23, 2012

D.I.D. - Day 23

The other day I linked to Boys of Summer but i have another song I like driving to. It's probably near the top of most peoples "driving songs". I defy anyone to be out in a car or on a bike, listen to Bat Out of Hell, and stick to the speed limit. That song is just made for ramping up the throttle to max + 1. It is probably the quintessential Jim Steinman composition. I wish they'd bring out a Jim Steinman compilation because there's some good stuff he's written for some diverse singers although his tie-up with Meatloaf is probably his most well known. And this version is even more overproduced and over the top than normal as it's live with full symphony orchestra backing.

I would reckon this is the nearest I ever get to rock music, the one genre that I just don't have any connection to. Well it's heavy metal I can't stand really and this is as heavy as I go.

Bat Out Of Hell - Meatloaf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not too bothered by that one but on Thursday I was taking part in a quiz and one of the questions was 'what is the nickname of Marvin something summat' and it just came out of my my mouth - Meatloaf. I was so shocked since I didn't know that I knew...

Masher said...

Bat Out Of Hell is a fantastic piece.

But I think my Meatloaf favourite is Paradise By The Dashboard Light, from the same album.

Brings back teenage memories!