Friday, April 13, 2012

D.I.D. - Day 13

Back to the world of classical music for today's selection. I have no idea when I first heard this piece. I'm not a great lover of Schubert so t must have been as a stand alone movement on a programme or cd. But wherever I heard it first I'm glad I did.

There are a number of pieces I find emotional, but usually for one small part, like the last few phrases of the Mendelssohn and the Bruch Violin Concerto's. Nimrod is quite moving but that stems really because we use it in association with the War Dead s much as for the music itself. This choice though seems to be relaxing for most people but I just find it incredibly sad as well.

Enjoy!

Schubert Quintet in C - 2nd Movement : Adagio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is lovely; I also like his 'Trout' quintet.