Monday, March 19, 2012

Arsonists on the Loose

The Olympic Torch route is being published today.

Not long now till a horde of random UK residents tear round the streets of Britain with flaming torches!

The torch will get within 10 miles of 95% of the population. Let's see how my family will do.

Me : Tuesday 24th July. About a 10 minute walk should give me a bit of a view.

My Mum : Sunday 8th July. Just 5 days late for my Mum's birthday it'll pass about 10 minutes walk away. Well, 10 minutes for me, about 20 mins for her, and it's uphill, so perhaps she'll give it a miss.

My Brother : Who knows? Apparently he lives near a very straight dotted line? No date, although it will be no more than 1 day either side of my mum as he only lives 5 miles away.

My Dad : 15 miles away on the 4th of July. A bit of a trek for him on his mobility scooter! Hopefully no-one on the Norfolk Broads is too bothered, particularly Sea Palling which is about as far as you can get from the route in that part of Norfolk.

So, I reckon I can see it. My brother could come over to my mum's and pick her up and take her to see it in St Albans, and my dad might as well not bother. In reality I suspect none of us will bother. As someone said on the news this evening, it's going to take a great deal more than that to get me involved in the Olympics!

5 comments:

Fern said...

I love that heading!
Having read in DG's comments that you have only two readers (according to you, although you got three commenters yesterday, hooray, a 50% increase) I thought I'd help bump up the numbers.

Masher said...

Although the torch will be coming to Luton (living dangerously there) we may well pop over to St Albans to see it as our friend's daughter will be carrying it for 300 of its many metres.

kennamatic said...

Fern - Actually I have another I'd forgotten about. That's four! And now plus you!! Thank you, you are a jewel amongst bloggers.

Masher - Well if it's the stretch of Hatfield Road at the top of Upper Marlborough Road then I'll make sure my mum gets out and cheers along too. It's the least she can do. The pub on the corner at the start of Hatfield Road has free wi-fi in case you feel the need to blog in-situ should it be there. Now that's a public service announcement!

Anonymous said...

Its journey in Milton Keynes starts at a petrol station...I'll go the other way I think.

kennamatic said...

Toffeeapple - Very sensible, they might set fire to a petrol pump! I don't trust them further than I can throw them!