Saturday, March 31, 2012

And Finally....

So, that concludes the month of news posts. What have we found out other than I've become an old curmudgeonly blogger. (As oppose to a younger curmudgeonly blogger). One thing it confirms is that the majority of "news" is just bad news. Even looking at the top 5 stories each day there was very little to celebrate. Even the positive stories had a pessimistic twist in the tail. Certainly teachers seem to be under attack more than anyone else at the moment but maybe that is because I am more attuned to stories relating to the teaching profession.

When I used to be involved in the "self-improvement" movement one of the things they always preached was to avoid listening to the news, it will only bring you down. And I would say, looking at this months news, they were pretty right.

So tomorrow we have a new month. I've always thought Desert Island Discs would be fun but 8 records is way too few, so you're going to be getting 30 of them starting tomorrow.

3 comments:

Masher said...

Well done for doing a second whole month!

And now you're going for a third?
Are you mad?

Stop it, man. For the love of God, stop it.

kennamatic said...

I can't, it's taken me over like an alien ship has descended and whisked me aboard, performed a horrific operation where an alien egg has been put in my body, hatched, and now controls my every thought, word and deed!

Or indeed I might just be mad.

I've been meaning to do this series for years so now's a good time but after this I might give everyone some time off to recover. That's assuming the alien life force lets me!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are giving up the news, it really is just too depressing.

Looking forward to your new venture, I wonder how much of your choice I will know.