Wednesday, February 08, 2012

When Computers Go Bad

To be fair, I am blaming the whole computer, when in fact it is just the power lead, but I can hardly keep the laptop running long enough to make a post. I have to position everything precisely to even get power going in. The slightest movement means I lose power and it just turns off. Slight movement equaling breathing!

I could transfer to the main computer which is M's but there is another problem. She can touch type. I need to see the letters. This is the keyboard!



I think the easiest option might be to buy a new lead. And quickly if I want to keep posting each day. If it keeps playing up I may have a nervous breakdown, a heart attack or blood pressure so high that I explode!

4 comments:

Brennig said...

Or buy a cheap USB keyboard?

Masher said...

Yeah, I was gonna say about the keyboard.

We bought a brand new, Microsoft branded, wireless one for my daughter's PC at Christmas, off of eBay.

Five quid.

Nuff sed.

kennamatic said...

Yes, that would be a sensible option. But I need the battery of the laptop on my knees to burn some heat into me during this cold snap.

Anonymous said...

My old laptop had a break in the power cable, my neighbour, who 'does things with computers for a living' effected a temporary repair with some masking tape and half a pencil. I wonder if I should try to find a new cable for it? The keyboard is very similar to the one you showed.