Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Way

Even if you don't sing along, at least read it to the tune. And it's a tribute to all those who took part in Mashers Marathon

And now, the end is here,
And so I post, my final Feb blog,
My friends, I've posted here!
Ideas and thoughts, in this my weblog,
I've posted everyday, All twenty nine, Along this highway.
But more, much more than this,
I blogged it my way!

Regrets, I've had a few,
I didn't post more about Paris,
Nor posts about my youth,For which I would,
Have been embarrassed.
I Blogged about my life, and let you in, not in a shy way,
But more, much more than this,
I blogged it my way!

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew,
That what I wrote, was dreadful poo,
But through it all, When there was doubt,
I'd get a thought, and write it out,
I made a note, and then I wrote, this blog in my way!

I've read, each Masher post,
each Wrightweb word, And Brennig musing,
And Toffeeapple came,and left comments,
With no abusing,
To think, we've had all that, in just a month, of Sat to Fridays,
And more, yes more than that, I blogged mine, my way.

For what's a blogger, what has he got,
If not his words, then he has not,
The posts to fill, twenty-nine days,
To let the world, hear what he says,
The record shows, we've done all those,
And blogged it our way!

3 comments:

Masher said...

Excellent Dave! And impossible to read it without the tune playing in your head.

Thanks for keeping us company this year. It was hard work at times, but always fun.

Wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

That's excellent Dave! I shall miss our daily meetings but you are on my reader list so I shall continue to read and comment in the future.

kennamatic said...

Masher - yes, fun is certainly one word to describe it. I'll let you know when I think of some others!

Toffeeapple - it has been a pleasure to have you visit. I look forward to you dropping in whenever you fancy.