Monday, February 06, 2012

Battle of the Titans.

The world of opera and politics have been rocked today as it has been announced that our outgoing Chairman has found someone to oppose me as the next Chairman of our local opera/musicals society! I actually don't know what he has against me as Chairman as I'm not actually going to do anything too radical. But for the last few weeks he has been asking anything with a heartbeat to stand for the position. If he's doing it to annoy me it hasn't worked as my opponent would be fine as Chairman. Actually, I sort of think that I perhaps might know the reason. He knows that I won't stand any nonsense from the company. Two years ago he managed to get rid of a director who wouldn't kowtow to the demands of the ladies chorus. He knows a) I would back the director in the same situation, and b) I introduced that Director, and perhaps there are some documents that will become available for my perusal that haven't been available before. He's always maintained he had nothing to do with it even though most people worked out what he did. Anyway, this was the best post I could come up with today. Keep your fingers crossed that tomorrow's is a lot more interesting. And I really can't understand why the BBC didn't lead with this story on the news. I'm just off to rehearsal to see what might happen. If I never post again you know it turned nasty!

5 comments:

Masher said...

"Break a leg"... isn't that what you're supposed to say?

Brennig said...

I thought the BBC did lead with this?

kennamatic said...

Mark - If I don't get the position I'll be breaking a few legs I can tell you!

Brennig - Only on BBC4 the cultural wing of the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Anonymous said...

Missed this yesterday, sorry. When will we hear the outcome?

kennamatic said...

Toffee - Monday the 20th. But I might keep you waiting until the Tuesday morning!