Thursday, June 11, 2009

Banking on a Winner

Following yet another disagreement between myself and Lloyds TSB I have moved the company accounts over to Barclays. And I am greatly impressed with everything that Barclays are doing! They are damned efficient, respond to queries, have polite and helpful call centre staff, and their on-line banking system security is great. My business manager has probably done more to help me in the last 3 weeks than the other lot managed in 9 years.

For me to think any bank is good takes a great deal of effort on their part. I hope they can keep it up.

2 comments:

Masher said...

When Lloyds were Lloyds, they were pretty good and much respected, methinks. When they merged with TSB, they became a bit... toytown.

graybo said...

Funny that - I'm about to flee Barclays (for personal banking) to NatWest (where I've had business banking for myself for six years and for my parents' business for 24 years) because Barclays have been crap. Your own experiences may differ, but at NatWest I can call my local branch directly (you try that with Barclays! Switchboard hell - I don't want to speak to a faceless person in Delhi), I have excellent online services and I have a named point of contact who has even been known to buy me a pint and take me lunch.