Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Success at last.

I managed all the journeys last week but for Edinburgh. That has been postponed until tomorrow. As I'm doing it as a day trip I shall be flying. By pure coincidence, tomorrow I celebrate the fact it is exactly one third of a century since I started life as a working man. (The term "working" obviously being used in the loosest of possible terms). It will also be the first time I have ever flown to see a client. Somehow, flying on business at great expense seems the mark of success, although I suspect if I did it every week it would be a complete pain. If only some of the teachers at my grammar school wrere there to see it I should greet them with a sneer and point out maybe I'm just that bit more successful than they thought I would ever be.

No comments: