Thursday, May 25, 2006

And now, the end is near.....

Indeed, the end of this seasons opera has come. I enjoyed it, the others enjoyed it, the audience enjoyed it. I think we can take it that it was an enjoyable experience all round.

What isn't so enjoyable at the moment is some of the other bits of my life. For those who know don't know the story of Faust he makes a pact with the devil and sells his soul. I sometimes wonder whether I've done the same.

Apart from losing my licence, and yes, I still know I have to give you the story of my arrest etc and also why I'm in the early stages of doing 100 hours community service but today also sees me in court this afternoon to try and stop our eviction from what has been my home for 31 years.

At the end of Faust the Chorus have the last lines;

"Let Earth be severe,
Let Earth be severe,
Heaven is forgiving."

For some reason I've found that this has become my personal mantra at the moment. Let's hope a bit of heavenly forgiveness shines on us this afternoon.

4 comments:

graybo said...

how is the cycling doing?

Just Me said...

You never do things by halves, do you? :)

Masher said...

Community Service?

I am seriously intrigued!

krip said...

Sounds like you are up shit creek without a paddle. Good luck with the eviction thing. That must be frightening knowing you could be chucked out on your ear at any moment.